LISTE de PROBLEMATIQUES d'étude des notions
EXAMPLES OF ISSUES RAISED BY THE DIFFERENT NOTIONS
MYTHS & HEROES
- The American dream : myth or reality ?
- Immigration and the myth of the promised land.
- Fighting against injustice : myth or reality ?
- How do the media foster the Myth of Beauty ?
- Heroes and Superheroes : fiction or reality ?
- Why do people need role-models ?
- Can sports champions be considered heroes ?
- Can a star giving his/her money for a cause be considered a hero ?
- Are volunteers modern day heroes ?
- Are doctors without borders/reporters without borders modern day heroes ?
- How did the fight for liberty create heroes ?
- Fighting for equality : why do we need heroic figures ?
- Are journalists only looking for scoops or heroically trying to open people's minds ?
- Are soldiers war heroes or the victims of man's foolish crave for power ?
- Is the hero the man who fights or the runaway ?
- Is dying for a cause a heroic deed ?
SPACE & EXCHANGE
- How can school favor exchange ?
- Where is it better to learn : at home or at school ?
- How has the Internet changed the limits between public and private lives ?
- How can social networks favor exchange between people ?
- How do social networks make people closer or more distant ?
- Should a robot or a machine be treated as a human being ?
- Can couch surfing enhance people's exchanges ?
- How can Art / Street Art unite or divide people ?
- How can Art be a means of self-expression ?
- How can Sport unite a nation ?
- How can public transport (buses/underground/train) be turned into a space of exchange and communication?
- Is immigration an asset for a country or not ?
- How can a mixed race child find his/her own identity ?
POWER: WHERE & HOW
- How can the power of money change people's behaviour ?
- How can words be more powerful than firearms ?
- How can the power of vote change a nation ?
- How can humour overcome man's suffering or powerlessness ?
- How can education become a counterpower ?
- How can the media influence how people think and act ?
- How does advertising manipulate people ?
- How are stereotypes used and controlled by the media ?
- How far can a government go to protect a nation ?
- Why do people fight and kill for power ?
- Colonization : the power of men over men
- Man's power vs woman's power
- Being a woman in a man's world
- The Internet : a new form of power
- Google : a powerful search engine
THE IDEA OF PROGRESS
- Have mentalities changed or not?
- Has gay marriage changed people's mentalities or not ?
- Should forced marriage be considered a positive or negative tradition ?
- How can education change the way people think and act ?
- How can education change the world ?
- How can new technologies improve the way people live ?
- Should "acting green" be a duty or not ?
- Can we consider the Internet a progress or not ?
- How can social networks change the way people communicate ?
- Traditional schooling vs E-learning : which one is better ?
- What if Robots took control of the planet ?
- Should Man be afraid of AI ?
- Can we consider PGD/designer babies/saviour siblings a progress or not ?
- How far can man progress in science ?
par YANNICK GUILLET le 10 mars 2016 à 10:12